Quoting from Virtualization.info:
This is a major announcement for the virtualization industry.
The new standard also recognizes supported virtualization management capabilities, including the ability to:
- discover inventory virtual computer systems
- manage lifecycle of virtual computer systems
- create/modify/delete virtual resources
- monitor virtual systems for health and performance
VMware, Citrix, Novell, Sun and IBM, all involved in virtual infrastructures management, along with many other partners are supporting this effort.
We'll see if and when top players as Microsoft, Virtual Iron, SWsoft, Red Hat, and smaller companies busy in virtual lab management, like Surgient and VMLogix, and in virtual machines lifecycle management, like Embotics and ManageIQ, will adhere these new standards.
Standards are available here:
- System Virtualization Profile (DSP1042)
- Virtual System Profile (DSP1057)
- Generic Device Resource Virtualization Profile (DSP1059)
- Resource Allocation Profile (DSP1041)
- Allocation Capabilities Profile (DSP1043)
Read the full article at virtualizaion.info.