Sunday, December 25, 2011
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Videos demonstrations of the tool in action:
Originally learned of the tool from here: http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2011/11/first-of-a-series-of-holiday-giftsuberalign.html
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
The article states VMware is bumping up the vRAM entitlements: vSphere Enterprise Plus (48 GB to 96 GB), vSphere Enterprise (32 GB to 64 GB), vSphere 5 Essentials, Essentials Plus and Standard (24 GB to 32 GB), and the free vSphere hypervisor will jump from 8 GB to 32 GB).
See the source link for more details.
Monday, July 25, 2011
It appears vSphere 5 will cache the bits of the master image in memory on each ESXi host, so when vms boot they are redirected to boot from the cache bits. This will reduce of completely eliminate the boot storm issues.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Friday, July 15, 2011
VMware View Android Client Released today! http://snipurl.com/252k3w
Download on the Android Market.
Just a few of the awesome VMware View Client for Android features include:
- A new look and feel – The View Client for Android features the NEW blue look and feel of the VMware View clients!
- Multiple broker support – If you have more than one VMware View broker in your organization, you can can easily access your desktop from all of them via the Android client
- Desktop Shortcuts – Quickly connect with as many as four recent desktop via shortcuts
- Virtual trackpad – Control your desktop on a granular level just like you would control the mouse on a laptop
- Custom keyboard toolbar – Super easy access to all of the special keys not found on the Android default keynboard
- Honeycomb 3.x support – Made from the ground up for the new generation of Android tablets
- Custom gestures – Invoke keyboard, scrolling, etc are as easy as ever and simple to use
- VMware View Security Server support (best experience) – No need to have VPN when you use VMware View Security Server
- Background tasking – Switch between apps on your tablet and come right back
Thursday, July 14, 2011
There are 2 powershell scripts available now that will look at your 4.x farms and give you an idea of VRAM needs under ESX 5.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Monday, May 2, 2011
Friday, April 15, 2011
As my bio states, I have been using VMware ESX for about 11 years now and passed each certification for release 2, 3 and now vSphere 4. I have been dedicated to being a VMware Virtualization Architect for almost 4 years now, meaning all I do is VMware related stuff.
Well this week, after about 4 years of pushing for a new title and promotion it happened and I received my promotion! I LOVE VMWARE and more importantly I BELIEVE and TRUST IT and the company!
Thanks VMware for your excellent products which provided me this new and exciting career!
Friday, March 4, 2011
- Guest device driver queue depth (LSI=32, PVSCSI=64)
- vHBA (Hard coded limit: LSI=128, PVSCSI=255)
- disk.schedNumOutstanding=32 (VMKernel),
- VMkernel Device Driver (FC=32, iSCSI=128, NFS=256, local disk=32)
- Multiple SAN/Array Queues
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
"WinTPC is a smaller foodprint, locked down version of Windows 7, which enables customers to install this windows version on existing PCs repurposing them as thin clients which can be used to access Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environments. WinTPC is comparable with Windows XP Fundamentals, which was revealed in 2005. "
More info and original reporting of this from here.
Very nice set of scripts and presentation from DUTCH VMUG event...homemade SRM via scripts!