The highlights I found most interesting are below:
- It offers XenApp customers a free upgrade to VMware View 4 Premier, but with an innovative twist that converts a normal CapEx budget expense into OpEx. Customers just make 36 monthly payments equivalent to the Subscription Advantage costs they had been paying to Citrix.
- AltTech estimates that XenApp customers spend on average around $75 per concurrent user per year in Subscription Advantage licensing to remain current. XenApp customers can instead spend the equivalent in monthly payments, without any cost for financing, over a three-year period and will receive a free VMware View 4 Premier license (also licensed by concurrent user).
- View 4 Premier includes the back-end vSphere Enterprise Plus licensing as well as ThinApp for application virtualization.
- The program, which requires customer credit approval, includes 3 years of basic Subscription and Support on the View 4 Premier licenses.
- Customers will receive a free physical PC infrastructure assessment with SysTrack VMP from Lakeside Software
- One of the big appeals of the virtual desktop model to IT administrators is its simplicity – it's just Windows running in a VM. It doesn't require specialists who know how to manipulate applications, dive into printing intricacies and work with registry hacks.
- Providing the assessment, migration planning and financing to make this a nearly cost neutral process for the end user creates exciting new sales opportunities for our resellers."